CHAMP 60-cell format modules
- looptijd: 2016 - 2018
- locatie: Den Haag,
- functie: Commercialisatie innovatie
CHAMP – World Champion 60 pv-cell format modules
Each of the CHAMP consortium partners is independently developing innovations that increase bifacial and all back-contact module powers. CHAMP aims to integrate the design of these innovations and then demonstrate and validate these modules with world class power output and market feasibility.
The most effective path to solar energy cost reductions is to increase the power output of solar modules. To extract the most power at a given efficiency, all system components must be optimized for the integrated product. Successful market adoption, requires proof at systems level of this fully integrated technology.
In CHAMP, we propose to integrate industrially viable bifacial and back contact cell technology from ECN and Tempress with DSM module materials for advanced light management into a module manufactured by Exasun and install it with an innovative new high power micro-inverter from Heliox.
- These 60-cell format modules will achieve world champion peak power outputs under standard test conditions.
- In addition STC performance, we also plan to demonstrate energy production at the systems level in an outdoor test facility built by Tempress with direct comparison and analysis with commercially available monofacial and bifacial modules.
- In combination with a thorough performance analysis this will lead to a new performance indicator for bifacial modules in effective Watt-peak (Wp-e); which does not exist today.
Subsidie: Subsidie Urban Energy 2015 (iDEEGO), RVO projectnr. TEID215038
In addition to world class modules built with Dutch technologies, proof of new module materials, prototype high power micro-inverters, and a test field for systems level monitoring of new concepts, CHAMP will also result in clear understanding of the optimized parameters for systems level performance throughout the value chain.
WORLD CHAMPION POLYCRYSTALLINE CELL TECHNOLOGY
- The high-performance cell concept is put to good use in the high performance categories of our polycrystalline solar module
- The innovative dielectric rear surface structure reflects rays of light that have passed through the cell without being utilised.
- This means that light energy which would otherwise have been lost can now be converted into electricity.
- This makes it possible to increase efficiency to 19.5 % at the cell level – a world record value confirmed by the Fraunhofer Institute (ISE), which makes our polycrystalline 60-cell modules the best performers on the market
PERFORMANCE-BOOSTING MONOCRYSTALLINE CELL TECHNOLOGY
- The current monocrystalline cell increases module performance by up to 2 % thanks to the new busbar layout and the full-square format. The homogeneous black look is exceptionally aesthetic.
High performance and top yields make our cells the real powerhouses in any competition.
Flexibility and durability make it possible for our new slim frames to withstand even higher loads, including cyclone pressure testing.
Thanks to its corrosion resistance and longevity, our new solar glass with anti-reflection technology is most efficient at absorbing light and achieves the best yields.
Sophisticated technology and the best materials make our new junction boxes and connectors even more durable.