prof.dr.ir. (J.A.) Braham Ferreira
Prof.dr.ir. Braham Ferreira received the B.Sc.Eng., M.Sc..Eng., and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Rand Afrikaans University, Johannesburg, South Africa in 1981, 1983 and 1988 respectively.
- In 1981 he was with the Institute of Power Electronics and Electric Drives, Technical University of Aachen, and worked in industry at ESD (Pty) Ltd from 1982-1985.
- From 1986 until 1997 he was at the Faculty of Engineering, Rand Afrikaans University, where he held the Carl and Emily Fuchs Chair of Power Electronics in later years.
- Since 1998 he is a professor at the Delft University of Technology in The Netherlands and Chairman of EPP
Ferreira’s recent work is concerned with domestic intelligent DC grids, M3C in multi-frequency power systems, DC grids for the build environment and Design for Reliable Power Performance. His expertise concerns power electronic converters, electrical machines and novel grid components.
Links to projects and researches
- Design and Development of high-performance Multi-functional Modular Multilevel Converter Topologies for renewable energy integration in smart dc grid (M3C)
- DID Grid: Domestic Intelligent DC Grid
Research Group :
Electrical Power Processing
DC grid architectures