Drs. René Hooiveld
Drs. René Hooiveld is director Sustainable Energy at TNO. Hooiveld is responsible for strategy development and implementation, project acquisition and international business development in the area of sustainable energy.
René Hooiveld Career
The main focus of the innovation center Sustainable Energy is system integration and utilization of energy flexibility within the sustainable energy system of the future.
- Before his position at TNO, Mr. Hooiveld worked for 6 years in China in the position of country manager Energy Consulting at DNV GL and as an independent management consultant in the cleantech industry in Asia.
In these positions he gained extensive knowledge and expertise in the area of smart grids, wind energy, storage and EV as well as expertise in the area of technology transfer from Europe to China in the area of waste-to-energy.
- Mr. Hooiveld has a master degree in Public Policy and Administration and two postgraduate degrees in change management and the business of energy systems.
- In his free time he is a member of Perspectivity a non-for profit organization which ambition is to contribute to the solution of complex social issues.
Involved in projects and researches
- EnTranCe, Groninger proeftuin voor energiesystemen van de toekomst
- ISGAN – International SmartGrid Action Network
Goal: A mechanism for bringing high-level government attention and action to accelerate the development and deployment of smarter electricity grids around the world
As ISGAN is René Hooiveld is involved in 3/7 included initiatives
- Annex 3: Benefit & Cost Analyses And Toolkits
- Annex 4 : Synthesis of Insights for Decision Makers
- Annex 6: Power T&D Systems
Research Group :
Renewable energy technologies and the future of energy systems
Smart Grids: Socio-technical Systems
DER (Distributed Energy Resources)/EV (Electric Vehicles)/SG (Smart Grid): Markets
Optimization of multiple energy carriers