dr.ir. (E.) Erwin Meinders
dr.ir. Erwin Meinders: ‘Innovation is my professional passion. I was involved in fundamental fluid dynamics and turbulent heat transfer research at the University of Twente (MSc) and Delft University of Technology (PhD).’
Erwin Meinders Career
As senior scientist and project manager at Philips Research, Erwin Meinders made contributions to leading-edge technology development, in particular in the field of nanotechnology and optical disc mastering and manufacturing (Blu-ray Disc, DVD) and captured value via technology transfers to business units of Philips and Philips Research Shanghai.
- At Philips Optical Storage, he was responsible for R&D projects and the venturing program Future+.
- Shortly after Philips introduced open innovation at their corporate R&D campus, Erwin took up the position of program manager at Holst Centre.
- At Holst, he led the development of patterning and printing technologies for new emerging flexible electronics applications, like OLED, solar, smart packaging and flexible displays.
- In this period, he developed, together with the program partners, a methodology to execute research projects along shared technology roadmaps.
- In 2011, Erwin was appointed research manager of the TNO department ‘Equipment for Additive Manufacturing’.
- This research group has a strong focus on developing cutting-edge additive manufacturing technology for High-Tech equipment, aerospace, human centric and food printing applications.
- In 2013, he also became responsible for the Additive Manufacturing Program within TNO, with a strong focus on reframing the existing project portfolio towards a co-creation platform, by building strategic alliances with industrial and R&D partners, and on value creation via technology transfers and venturing.
- 2012 – 2013 Vlerick Business School, Certificate in Innovation Management
- 2008 – 2009 Vlerick Leuven-Gent Management School, Certificate in Leadership Program
- 1994 – 1998 Delft University of Technology, Ph.D. in Applied Physics
- 1989 – 1994 University of Twente, Master’s Degreein Fluid Dynamics
- 2013- TNO, Director Additive Manufacturing
- 2011- TNO, Department Manager
- 2013 – 2016 TNO, Location / crisis Manager TNO Eindhoven
- 2007 – 2011 TNO, Program Manager
- 2005 – 2007 Philips, New Business Creation Manager
- 2003 – 2007 Philips, Project Manager
- 1998 – 2004 Philips Research, Senior Scientist
- 2002 – 2002 Philips, Innovation Champion
- 2000 – 2001 Philips, Visiting Researcher
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
DER (Distributed Energy Resources): Heat
Optimization of multiple energy carriers