prof.dr.ir. (G.J.M) Gerard Smit
Since 2006, Gerard Smit is full professor in the CAES chair (Computer Architectures for Embedded Systems) at the faculty EEMCS of the University of Twente.
Prof. Smit has been and still is responsible of a number of research projects sponsored by the EC, industry and Dutch government in the field of multimedia and reconfigurable systems.
Gerard Smit Career
- Gerard received his M.sc. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Twente. He then worked for four years in the research and development laboratory of Oce in Venlo.
- He finished his Ph.D. thesis entitled ”the design of Central Switch communication systems for Multimedia Applications” in 1994.
- He has been a visiting researcher at the Computer Lab of the Cambridge University in 1994, and a visiting researcher at Lucent Technologies Bell Labs Innovations, New Jersey in 1998.
- Since 1999 he works in the Chameleon project, which investigates new hardware and Molderink, Bosman, Bakker, Hurink and Smit software architectures for battery-powered hand-held computers.
- 1994 Ph.D. ‘The design of Central Switch communication systems for Multimedia Applications’
- 1972 – 1978 Twente University, Electro Engineering
Links to projects and researches
- EASI: Energy autonomous smart micro-grids
- Smart Grid Meppel Energie
- MicroGrids Profile Steering
Research Group :
Computer Architecture for Embedded Systems
DC grid architectures