assoc. prof. (G.H.) Gonçalo Homem de Almeida Correia
Dr. Gonçalo Correia is an Assistant Professor at the department of transport and planning at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences at Delft University of Technology since 2014. He works on transport modeling, both on the demand and supply side.
Gonçalo Homem de Almeida Correia Career
- His main research interest is on understanding transport networks and their relation to spatial organization in urban environments. He focuses particularly in the use of Transport Demand Management strategies and measures such as carpooling and carsharing for urban mobility sustainability.
- At the TU Delft he is looking on the impacts of automated driving in mobility and urban design.
- 2004 – 2009 Instituto Superior Técnico, Ph. D. in Transportation
- 1999 – 2004 Instituto Superior Técnico, degree in Civil Engineering
- 2015 Elsevier, Editorial Board Member of Transportation Research Procedia
- 2015 Elsevier, Editorial Board Member of Case Studies on Transport Policy
- 2014 Delft University of Technology, Assistant Professor
- 2006 Elsevier, Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology
- 2008 – 2014 University of Coimbra, Assistant Professor
- 2010 – 2011 Instituto Superior Técnico, Invited Lecturer
- 2004 – 2009 Inistituto Superior Técnico, Researcher
- 2008 – 2008 Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Visiting Research Scholar
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Planning & Design of Transport Systems
Transport Demand Management strategies and measures such as carpooling and carsharing for urban mobility sustainability