P.C.J.M. Peter van der Wielen
Peter van der Wielen received his MSc and PhD at the Eindhoven University of Technology (subject: power cable diagnostics) and now works as a consultant at DNV GL.
Peter van der Wielen
He received his doctor degree for his study on partial discharges in power cables, which principles are now used in the PD monitoring system known as “Smart Cable Guard”.
- Since then he works at DNV GL (formerly known as KEMA), first as a researcher, later as consultant. Nowadays he is senior consultant in the area of power cables and asset management and is IPMA-C qualified project manager.
- As such, he is also active in various national and international committees and has many professional publications.
- Subjects in the current field of work are: power cables in general (LV,MV,(E)HV,AC,DC), submarine power cables, diagnostics, remaining life assessment, power failure investigations and asset management.
- Furthermore, he is a lecturer of the various DNV GL training courses on these subjects.
- 2000 – 2005 Eindhoven University of Technology, Ph.D. in the field of Power Engineering
- 2000 Eindhoven University of Technology, Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2013- DNV GL, Principal Consultant
- 2005 – 2013 KEMA, Consultant
- 2000 – 2005 KEMA and Eindhoven University of Technology, Researcher
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Power cables & failures
System reliability including extreme events