dr. (R.M.J.) René Benders
René M.J. Benders studied chemistry, and energy and environmental studies at the University of Groningen. He obtained his master degree in 1986, and, thereafter, became staff of the Center for Energy and Environmental Sciences. Six years later, he obtained a permanent position as senior researcher.
René Benders Career
- René obtained a doctoral degree in energy and environmental science from the University of Groningen, in 1996. His thesis was about the modeling of electricity demand and production.
- At the University of Groningen, he researches the demand and production of electricity, the direct (electricity, space heating) and indirect (energy use for production of consumer goods and services) energy consumption in households, and the modeling of energy and environmental issues.
- His main contribution to the Energy Delta Research program is on system analysis and modeling.
- 1979 – 1986 University of Groningen, Ph. D. in Energy, Evironment and systems.
- 1975 – 1979 High Tech Campus Eindhoven, degree in Chemistry
- 1986 – present University of Groningen, Researcher Energy and Environment
- 1991 – 1993 RIVM, developer of ESCAPE model
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Decentralized energy storage
energy supply and demand (end use approach)
household energy consumption on a district level
greening the gas supply chain