MSc Rick Bosman
Rick Bosman is researcher and consultant at the Dutch Research Institute for Transitions (DRIFT). His work focuses on understanding and accelerating the energy transition, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
Rick Bosman Career
Rick Bosman advises high-level decision makers including:
- Finnish Ministries of Economic Affairs and Employment, Agriculture and Forestry, and the Environment on their joint Bioeconomy Strategy
- Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Geopolitics of the Energy Transition
- Dutch parliament on the effects of Germany’s Energiewende on the Netherlands
- and Social Economic Council (SER) in its efforts to reach an Energy Agreement.
- Next to this strategic consultancy, Rick publishes scientific work in pursuit of a PhD and translates these insights for popular media such as the Financieele Dagblad and Energy Post.
- Furthermore, he teaches at the Haagse Hogeschool and is a frequently invited speaker at conferences.
- 2010 – 2012 University of Freiburg, Master’s degree in Renewable Energy Management
- 2010 – 2010 Australian National Universty, undergraduate in Sustainable Energy Systems Engineering
- 2006 – 2010 Utrecht University, Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences
- 2013 De Haagse University of Applied Sciences, Lecturer Transition Management and Energy Transition
- 2012 Dutch Research Institute for Transitions, Researcher & Consultant
- 2013 Bezinningsgroep Energie Member of think tank
- 2012 Groene Brein, Member of think tank
- 2011 – 2011 Clingendael Institute, Intern Clingendael International Energy Program
- 2010 – 2010 Royal Dutch Embassy, Intern TWA Renewable Energy
- 2008 – 2009 Dutch Association for Environmental Professional VVM, Board Member Energy Section
Links to projects and researches
- TRAPESES: ‘Transition Patterns Enabling Smart Energy Systems’
- Stedendriehoek – Roadmap Energy Transition
Research Group :
Energy, Biobased Economy, Sustainability, Transition Management, Geopolitics