dr.ir. Rob Stikkelman
dr.ir. Rob Stikkelman (TU Delft) is director of the Center for Port Innovation.
- Dr.ir. Rob Stikkelman (1959), Chemical Engineer and PhD on distillation subject, worked at Shell Pernis (1989/1991).
- He joined the Clean Technology Institute, from 1996 as managing director.
- In 1998, he was a founding father of the Port Research Centre, a successful collaboration between the Port of Rotterdam authority and the Delft University of Technology.
- In 2004, he started the Centre for Port Innovation.
- In 2010, he did the preliminary work for the “Next Generation Port Infra, Powered by Maasvlakte 2” program.
Besides in-depth know-how on separation techniques, petrochemical processes, wastewater treatment and Statistical Process Control, he gained port-related expertise through dozens of projects in the harbor industrial cluster of Rotterdam.
He disseminated his project management skills by developing and delivering a high-level project control course to the oil industry.
- Analyse van industriële systemen
- Energy and Industry, technology, policy and management
- interests: development of industrial infrastructures and clusters
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Energy and Industry
Development of industrial infrastructures/clusters
Power electronics components and systems