MSc. (Y.) Yakup Koç
Yakup Koç works at Stedin. Before he was researcher at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center and TNO Information and Communication Technology.
Koç is Doctor of Philosophy and finished his TU Delft study Cum Laude (2015).
About his study
The continuous availability of electric power is of key importance for daily chores. Careful operations at the grid level ensure the transmission and distribution of electrical power with the highest possible reliability.
Yet, electric power delivery disruptions do occur, causing huge economical and societal cost.
This research is motivated by the increasing need for enhanced robustness of power grids, imposed by environmental, economical, and human-caused factors.
To this end, in this project, we further investigate the complex notion of robustness of power grids, and design measures and metrics to quantitatively assess the robustness of power grids from various perspectives.
The results should assist policy and decision-makers in developing and evaluating strategies for effective resource allocation with the ultimate purpose of enhancing the robustness of power grids.
- 2011 – 2015 Delft University of Technology, Ph.D. in the field of power grids.
- 2009 – 2011 Delft University of Technology, Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2006 – 2009 Delft University of Technology, Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2015 Stedin, Senior Risk Analyst
- 2014 – 2014 IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Visiting Researcher
- 2010 – 2011 TNO Information and Communication Technology, Intern
Links to projects and researches
- Increasing the Robustness of Smart Grids through distributed energy generation: a complex network approach
Research Group :
Smart Grids: Distribution (MV LV)